A third-culture kid (TCK / 3CK) or trans-culture kid is "someone who, as a child, has spent a significant period of time in one or more cultures other than his or her own, thus integrating elements of those cultures and their own birth culture, into a third culture."

BLOG EN CASTELLANO <<<>>> BLOGUE EN FRANÇAIS

Sunday, December 16, 2012

It’s That Time Of The Year Again


It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, which is a perfect time to wrap up 2012. I will return in the New Year with all sorts of new material - unless the Mayas were right. I promise the jokes will improve and the anecdotes should be somewhat more informative. Like the pirates used to say, "the beatings will continue until morale improves." I appreciate the many requests that made it into my inbox over the year and your messages of support finding the information provided useful. If I managed to make a difference for some of you, then all the efforts throughout the year have not been in vain.

Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree

Many of you following this blog (having followers makes me feel a little like Moses) over the past two years can guess that I will spend the most wonderful time of the year with my great family. Indeed I will and I find it truly makes this the most magical season of the year. Friendship and family are priceless yet they are the best gift we could ever receive or give. I always look forward to the Christmas holidays because it is once more a time to slow down the usual pace and enjoy the little things that make living such a blessing.

Every year brings a sack of challenges that encourage some among us to look forward to a brand new year that can only be better than the last. I prefer to see things from a different standpoint - guess I am a glass-half full kind of guy. It’s not about what has happened throughout your life but how you face each individual situation and bounce back. This is what shapes our present and sets the stage for a future presenting a magnificent world of opportunities and room for change. This may all sound like wishful thinking to some of you, but its worked wonders. Miracles are in our own hands.

Hopefully the stories of events past that I have endured "gracefully" with my family and on my own have given some contrast to your own plight and nudged you along the way. When we come into this world, nobody gave us an instruction manual and we feel like our internal compass is busted. In my teenage years and early adulthood this was certainly the case and wished for someone to come up and say, “Hey Will, this is how it’s done.” In fact, we all have our own unique paths to walk in life, but shared knowledge can help along the way.

With my favourite little ones, my niece and nephew

During this festive season, I wish you all a very merry Christmas filled with joy, laughter and special moments that you’ll be able to look back to with a smile until Christmas 2013. We all know the world is not coming to an end this December, but hopefully some of our negative excess baggage is left behind and buried to have a fuller, healthier life. To those spending time away from your families or have no one to spend the holiday season with, you will be in my thoughts as always and there is light at the end of the tunnel. You will never walk alone!

Warm Christmas wishes and all the best for 2013 to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment